panorama

Hlybochytska street

  • Hlybochytska street is known since the late XVIII century. It runs from the Sichovykh Striltsiv (Artema) street to Nyzhnyi Val street and Voznesenskyi uzviz (Smirnova-Lastochkina street).

    The street was a part of the old way – Bykhivska road, which went from Podil to Zhytomyr road. The name of the street comes from the stream Hlybochytsia known since the times of Kiev Rus. The street was laid along the bed of the stream.

    Building of the Street began in the early nineteenth century. In the mid-nineteenth century it consisted of the single-storey and two-storey wooden and mixed buildings. In the late nineteenth century the building of two-storey and three-storey brick buildings begun on the street.

    In the second half of XIX century – early XX century the Dnipo engineering plant of Mloshevskyi and yeast factory Chokolov brothers were built on the street. In 1909 tram-ways were laid on the street.

    During the renovation, which began in 1960’s, the street was taken for industrial enterprises, so the historical residential buildings were demolished. At the present time this street is also intensively built up.

  • Object on the map

  • All Objects